Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sheepish

Naturally, after slightly ranting a bit in my last post, I came home to find an envelope from USCIS. We are I600 approved! This means they have approved our "Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative." It means that our paperwork passed, including those that indicated that Sean is indeed an orphan, relinquished under the proper, legal circumstances and that we are in good standing with all our paperwork, from our fingerprints, to our medical records, to our home study-- everything--to become his adoptive parents.

Now everything gets sent to the National Visa Center. You're supposed to be able to check the status of your paperwork, but the number from the I600 approval form isn't coming up as a valid case number. So either it's not that number, or we haven't been checked in yet. Our I600 approval is dated July 31, but we didn't find out until today. I guess we'll get another letter from the Visa Center with the case number via snail mail that takes a week to get to us. Hello, U.S. Government! Internet! You may want to try it out, give it a whirl. Information gets passed along instantly, it's really quite amazing.

Either way, we still don't know when we're going to Korea to get Sean, so my previous post stands. Now leave me the fuck alone. ;)

(I can hear my mom's voice in my head saying, "You're such a joy.")

No comments: