Friday, September 10, 2010

Killing time...In the lobby, during more rain

Ok, first i want to say that typing on sn iPad kind of blows. Second, I did write an update yesterday and I'm sorry for not posting it on Facebook. Take some initiative peopler, I can only take care of one baby at a time. :)

We are sitting in the lobby, waiting for 1.30pm to come. We had to check out at noon and the van to the airport isn't coming until 1:30. Luckily there's wireless down here--this is the happiest I've felt in days. I will not do well during the apocalypse, I need my instant all access all the time Internet.

Sean skipped him morning nap and is now sleeping in his umbrella stroller (thanks Coleen!) I wheeled him around until he nodded off. We gave him a bath last night and let him have his empty bottle in his mouth, there was significantly less screaming. He even splashed around a little and played with some toys. All hell broke loose when it was shampoo time though. I need to finesse that. Imagine I'd dislike water being dumped in my hesd too.

Sean slept in a crib last night, which was exciting, since his foster mother had him on the floor on some sort of mattress or something. And we'd had him on the floor for two nights too. He was playing with his feet, bottle in mouth for a while, but we didn't care what he did in there as long as he wasn't crying. I guess he may have fallen asleep at 8.30 or so and didn't wake up until 6:15. Yeah, I know, we hit the baby jackpot. All of you with your dire warnings about me and Wade never sleeping again can suck it. (the upcoming plane rides not withstanding, I'm not expecting to sleep at all, and didn't really on the way here either. I don't do well on planes.)

I'm not sure what else to say. The plane ride will be what it will be. I'm fully expecting to to suck, and if it doesn't, well then i'll be pleasantly surprised. This will literally be the longest day of my life --- it's 1:00pm here on Friday, I have about 15 hours of flying ahead of me, with a couple of hours in San Fran to stop over and we're landing at 10:30pm, still Friday. I just want to come home. I've had enough of letters I can't read and money with too many zeros on the end. I miss Chloe. She is just going eat Sean up. Um, not literally though. I saud Chloe, not Shelby. :)

No comments: