Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Visit to the Notary

We met for lunch today and went to get the International Adoption Services Agreement notarized at the bank across the street. There were people in there waiting, but when we asked for the notary, we were whisked right in, and didn't have to pay a fee since we are customers. The Notary woman was very nice, and mentioned that it was a pleasant surprise to notarize something happy, since she gets a lot of divorce papers, being so close to the courthouse. She checked our IDs and bank cards, we signed, she signed, and then got out her seal. It was so fast and easy-- I've spent more time waiting for the ATM machine in the lobby.

After a yummy lunch at Saladworks, I went back to work and made copies of everything, and sealed the originals up in an envelope. I took such care to make sure everything was in order. But the second I dropped the envelope in the mailbox, I realized I forgot to enclose a check. Doh!! So stupid. I felt like an idiot. They don't do those child abuse record information check forms for free you know. It costs $10 a person. See what I get for trying to be so thorough. We sent an email saying the check would be coming separately from the signed papers. I'm sure it will be fine. If I can't even handle this simple a task, what am I going to do as things get more complicated? Derrrr...

Anyway, that's where we are.

No comments: